Enable Recite
mobile icon

You are here

Support for tenants

Contact NPH now on:

0300 330 7003

Receive our latest news and updates by email. Click below to subscribe:

We are committed to supporting you

Northampton Partnership Homes is committed to providing support to those who are elderly and vulnerable, or finding it difficult to manage in their tenancy. You do not have to live in housing that is specifically for older people to be able to benefit from this service.

A support plan will be drawn up with your agreement to assist you to gain independence and sometimes that will involve us working with other agencies. If you think you would benefit from this then please contact your Housing Officer who will be happy to discuss this with you and where appropriate they will make a referral into the Support Team.   

If you are elderly and do not require support but wish to live in a property that has an alarm and is linked to call care we can also assist you with that. 

Additionally anyone who applies for housing and declares that they are vulnerable on their housing application form will have their support needs fully assessed before they move into their new home and support can then be provided. Sometimes that will just be short term support to assist them in setting up their new home. 

Click on the sections below for other important information.

Adaptations service

We are committed to helping people live independently in their home. If you or anyone living at your home have a disability and are finding it difficult to get into and around your home or to use some of the facilities within your home we may be able to help by carrying out adaptations.

What do we provide?

  • Advice on equipment and/or adaptation for your home to support your needs
  • Advise and support on alternatives if adaptation is not possible

Some typical fixtures and fittings we provide include the following:

  • Grab rails and banisters
  • Level access to your home
  • Taps and/or handles if yours are difficult to turn
  • Kitchen and Bathroom alterations

To help us decide what kind of help you need, we will assess your needs, in some cases we will also refer your situation to an occupational therapist for further evaluation to ensure we support you and your family to the best of our ability.  Depending on the type of work to be carried out we aim to complete all minor adaptations within 28 days of your assessment. 

Who can we help?

In order to receive help from the Adaptations Service you or anyone living at your home must:

  • Be a council tenant with Northampton Partnership Homes
  • Find normal daily living tasks more difficult to carry out

Frequently asked questions

If you have any questions about adaptations that are not answered below, please send us an email or give us a call.

Who pays for any adaptation work?
NPH will pay the cost of any minor and most major adaptations.

What if my home can’t be adapted?
Some properties can’t be easily adapted, perhaps because of the design or location. We will work with you to find a more suitable home for you to move to.

Is planning permission needed?
If the work is outside, such as a ramp, you may need planning permission from the council. We’ll be happy to help you with this.

Do you need our permission to carry out work?
It's always a good idea to speak to us first, as works to your home normally require permission added to which we may be able to pay for the work. We’ll only refuse permission if your home is not suited to the work that needs to be done.

Getting in touch

You, a member of your family or a friend can contact the Adaptations Service directly with your consent to request an initial assessment:
Tel: 01604 837818
E-mail: adaptations@northamptonpartnershiphomes.org.uk

Housing for older tenants

Within the current housing stock, NPH have a number of dwellings that are suitable for older people that are also linked by alarm to the Call Care system.  If you feel that you would benefit from this type of housing, we can fully assess your needs and ensure that you are considered for the best type of property to meet your specific needs.


Other organisations who can help

Care and Repair

Care & Repair (Northamptonshire) Ltd is a Home Improvement Agency (HIA).  Managed by an Independent Management Committee, they provide a range of practical services designed to support older, disabled and vulnerable people and enable them to continue to live safe, warm and secure within their own homes.

Last year they helped just under 4,000 people to feel warmer, safer or more secure at home.

You can contact Care and Repair on 01604 782250 or by e-mail office@careandrepairnorthamptonshire.org.uk

(Industrial & Provident Society with Charitable Status - registration number: IP25783R)