Enable Recite
mobile icon

You are here

Your Housing officer

Contact NPH now on:

0300 330 7003

Receive our latest news and updates by email. Click below to subscribe:

How can they help?

NPH have a team of Housing Officers to help you manage your tenancy. 


Before moving into your home, we will invite you to view the property and if you accept the property, one of our Rent Income officers will take you through the sign up and make sure that you understand what is expected of you as a tenant. They will also make sure that you know who your Housing Officer is and how you can contact them when you need help.

Once you've moved in, our Housing Officers will visit you within 2 weeks to see how you're settling in.

Our Rent Income Officers are the first point of contact if you are struggling to pay your rent

Click on the sections below for other important information.


Housing Officer Surgeries

Do you have a question you'd like to ask your Housing Officer? 

As well as visits to your home, your Housing Officer will hold a Housing Officer Surgery in your area every month where you can meet to talk about your tenancy, your rent or service charges, or any other housing issue in your neighbourhood. 

All you have to do is drop-in to your local community hub on the date and time of the surgery to talk to your Housing Officer.


Welfare and Tenancy support

Housing Officers try to support you as much as possible especially if you are experiencing difficulty maintaining your tenancy. Your Housing Officers can also put you in touch with other agencies if you need more specialist support. 

If you are having any problems maintaining your tenancy or you don't know where to go for support, you can contact your Housing Officer for an informal chat.


Changes to your tenancy

Housing Officers deal with anything that affects your tenancy, such as:

  • when your tenancy conditions have not been met;
  • requests to change names on tenancies;
  • tenancy successions;
  • transfer requests; and
  • mutual exchange requests.
Property inspections

Housing Officers do regular inspections of the communal areas of blocks of flats - you will be notified before a visit if the Housing Officer wants access to your property.