Winter Fuel Payment

News Date: 
Monday, January 15, 2018

If you were born on or before 5 August 1953 you could get between £100 and £300 to help you pay your heating bills. This is known as a ‘Winter Fuel Payment’.

You usually get a Winter Fuel Payment automatically if you’re eligible and you get the State Pension or another social security benefit (not Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Child Benefit or Universal Credit).

If you’re eligible but don’t get paid automatically, you’ll need to make a claim.

You have until 31 March 2018 to make a claim for winter 2017-2018

If you are eligible, then click here to find out more on the ‘Winter Fuel Payment’.

Have any questions? Get in touch with GOV.UK on 0800 731 0160.